Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Second day of school

So this needed its own post because I didn't want to take away from Henry's birthday.
Second day of school the send off was TERRIBLE. It started with Gus not wanting to go and dragging his feet while getting ready. Then putting on his bike helmet and I accidentally pinched him. Which sent him in a fit running back into the house and locking us out. I found the hide a key and got him out of the house kicking screaming and crying. Finally calmed down to ride his bike but informed me he wasn't going to school and that he hates school and "has nufing to do with my helmet i already forgived you i just hate school and am not going".  Once we got to school he wouldn't go inside. I had to lovingly drag him to class, he wiped his tears as we got closer to his classroom. He sat down silently and looked at my like I was a traitor and just took him to the lions den. I hugged him and kissed him and told him I loved him. And cried on the way home. And got home and was severely down. (Poor Henry too because it was his birthday) I got out of my funk and focused on Henry but was just so worried all day that he was crying or that he'd take it out on his teacher. He had gotten reprimanded the day before for getting out of his seat. When I asked him why he kept getting out he said nonchalantly "to talk to the other kids." Haha oh Gus. 
I was so relieved when I picked him up and he was HAPPY. It was better than the first day. He got in trouble for talking and folding his paper? But it was a better day! And hoping and praying today is a better one too!

No comments: